Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day from Dublin!

Today, after about twenty hours of travel, my friends and I arrived in Dublin, Ireland. The crowded streets in the city center reminded me of Carnaval in Cádiz, except everyone was speaking English and wearing the same costume--green*. I stopped to take a picture with good ol' Jimmy Joyce and my friends and I continued on to O'Shea's, where I enjoyed their famous Irish lamb stew. Next we hit up the only bar we could find that would take us (many turned us away due to lack of space) and I had a glass of Guinness. Satisfied that we had fulfilled our holiday duties, we retired after one drink and headed home so we could finally get some decent sleep. Which, if my heavy eyelids are any indication, will be happening soon.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

*UPDATE: I almost forgot drunk--green and drunk, both equally important on St. Patrick's day, or so it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment